Friday, January 3, 2014

New Website for Brokenhead Studio!

When you are in the business of helping other businesses establish their own unique look and feel through logos, signs & props, you develop a set of philosophies and rules that you follow along the way.  In creating my own website, it was only natural that I heed my own advice, and try to create something that reflected these same ideas.
I spent a fair bit of time creating the website-something I had never done before. I kept things simple being a true believer that less is more.  I also tried to keep things consistent-using my logo, and colours.  I set out to make it easy to use, with function being first and foremost in my mind.   
Back in Art School at the UofM, I had a professor for painting who gave me a great bit of advice on how to know if a painting was finished-he said, "put it up on the wall and try to live with it-if it's not done, you will soon know"-how very true!  I applied that advice with the website, and have been making minor adjustments each day for the last week or so.  I am quite content with it now, and welcome any feedback you may have to offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment